Bookmarks Goes Big for Its 10th

My favorite local book festival, Bookmarks, is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year with a BIG lineup of authors and a new location.
The free festival is the largest of its kind in North Carolina, and it takes place on Sept. 6 at the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts and Spruce Street in downtown Winston-Salem. The headline speaker this year, James Patterson, will speak at Reynolds Auditorium on Sept. 4 to kick things off.
I have to confess I'm not a Patterson fan, but I am definitely looking forward to the full day of festivities on the 6th, featuring authors like Rita Mae Brown, Frances Mayes, James McBride, Scott Berg, and J.A. Jance.
There are also booths full of books at the festival, naturally, including little-known and brand new authors trying to get a foothold in the book world. I always find a hidden gem or two.
If you're in the area and want to go, just click here to learn more.
And if you're having a hard time getting back to work after the long holiday weekend, let me just link you through to a list of David Bowie's 75 favorite books as a distraction. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment