And Then There Were Six

I made a bit of a veiled threat last week about the Man Booker Prize - and it worked. Obviously my power knows no bounds since We Need New Names was right there at the top of the Man Booker short list, announced today. 
Luckily, the books I have already read are the ones that made the list as well, including The Luminaries, Harvest, The Lowland, A Tale for the Time Being, and The Testament of Mary. 
At this point, my money is on either We Need New Names or The Testament of Mary. But I'll reserve final judgement after I've read them all - and I'll give you my review of all six before the official winner is announced on Oct. 15. 
It has been a great week so far with the announcement of this short list and the amazing Bookmarks festival on Saturday. See my photos below. Really looking forward to the next Bookmarks event in October when I'll get to meet Lemony Snicket. Hey, don't judge. His books are awesome. 





1 comment: